Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
Registration is now available for the 2022 Household Hazardous Waste events. Click on the link above for the list of scheduled events. Click on "Register Here" on the preferred date and select a time. Print the ticket after registering. If unable to print, write your time slot on a piece of paper and hand the ticket or paper to event staff before entering the drop off area.
NOTE: If the links on the flyer will not allow you to register, please click on the link below and use the registration links on the Recycling Information site. https://www.montcopa.org/637/Recycling-Information
Covid-19 guidelines and health restrictions continue to remain in place when attending an event. Attendees are required to remain in their vehicle at all times in order to maintain social distancing and masks should be worn when the mask mandate is in effect. Materials should be boxed for event staff to unload from the trunk of a car, cargo area of an SUV or the bed of a truck.
NO TV's or Electronics and NO Latex Paint is accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste events. Businesses and contractors will be turned away.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE EVENTS
- There is no dedicated drop off facility in Montgomery County that accepts Household Hazardous Waste. The HHW events are held at different locations throughout the county on specified days. All events are held outdoors and are scheduled to begin in the spring and end in the fall.
- All collection events require attendees to register prior to attending. If you cannot attend a county collection event and have registered, please cancel your ticket so the time slot is available for the next person registering or consider asking a family member, friend or neighbor to use your ticket to take materials to the event for proper disposal.
- All collection events will accept household chemicals only. NO TVs or Electronics and NO latex paint will be accepted at HHW events. Businesses and contractors will be turned away.
- On event days there will be directional signs and volunteers to help the public navigate to the drop off area where materials will be removed by event staff.
- Please remain in your vehicle for safety reasons and unlock the trunk or rear gate for event staff to access boxed materials for removal. When event staff has removed your materials you will be directed to the exit.
- Keep chemicals in their original container and never mix products. If you can't read the label mark "unknown".
- Make certain all containers are tightly sealed to avoid spillage.
- Any container you would like to keep write "RETURN" on a post it and attach it to the container.
- Transport chemicals in a cardboard box. NO plastic tubs. The time spent emptying plastic tubs for return slows down the collection line.
AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS ONLY
This program is a community service to the residents of Montgomery County and the four Southeastern Pennsylvania County Region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia counties) only and is not open to businesses, institutions, or industry. Click on a County listed below to register for available events to drop off materials.
Links to Neighboring Counties Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Programs:
About the Program
The counties of Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and the City of Philadelphia continue to partner together to host approximately 30 HHW events every year.
The regional partnership allows residents of each county the opportunity to attend any of the events hosted in the region. It also allows the five-county region to acquire the best possible price per pound, which in turn, saves valuable taxpayer dollars. In 2010, this regional partnership collected close to 3 million pounds of HHW, of which Montgomery County accounted for about 1 million of that total alone.