Submit a Petition to Modify


Please read the following instructions carefully before completing your Petition to Modify.

Fill In All Blanks

Fill in all the blanks on the petition to the best of your knowledge, including the caption and case number. If you receive support, you are the plaintiff. If you pay support, you are the defendant. Make sure to clearly explain the reason you want your order changed.

Return the Completed Form

Return the completed form to the cashier at the Domestic Relations office or by mail to:
One Montgomery Plaza
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA 19404-0311 


Scheduling a Conference

Upon receipt a conference will be scheduled. All parties will be mailed a notice to appear with the date and time of the conference. You must be present for the conference or have made other arrangements with the officer conducting the conference or your petition will be dismissed.

If you have an attorney, you may wish to consult with him/her before filing a petition to modify or sending in an agreement.

At the conference, the officer will consider all issues raised by both parties and make a recommendation based on the Pennsylvania support guidelines and the parties’ current incomes. It is possible the officer may recommend an outcome different from what has been requested by the petitioner.

Non-Montgomery County Support Orders

If your support order was not established by Montgomery County, you must appear at the Domestic Relations office between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, to file your petition. You will be seen by an intake worker. Please bring current pay stubs, current tax returns, W-2s, and proof of daycare / medical premium costs if applicable.