Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts
On October 26, 2017, the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts took effect. All notaries should be aware of important changes in the law. Specific information about these changes can be found on the Pennsylvania Department of State Website: www.dos.pa.gov/notaries. Changes include an education requirement for ALL notaries; examination by a registered Pennsylvania Department of State examination vendor; changes to the notary stamp; and many other changes. Notaries are encouraged to read more about these important changes at www.dos.pa.gov/notaries.
Notary Public Forms
- Application to become a Notary Public - Refer all questions concerning this application to the Pennsylvania Department of State.
- Information about Electronic Notarization
- Notary Change of Address Form - The Recorder of Deeds no longer processes Notary Changes of Address. Notaries do need to record a change of address with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of State.
- Notary Change of Name Form - The Recorder of Deeds office no longer processes Notary Change of Name. Notaries do need to record a change of name with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of State. Notaries may continue to use the name they were commissioned with until the expiration of their term. If you choose this option you must still notify the Pennsylvania Department of State.
- Notary Public Resignation Form
- Death of a Notary Public