The mission of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is to protect and serve a diverse community of residents by respecting and valuing diverse life experiences and heritages in order to ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
The Sheriff’s Office will serve citizens with honesty, integrity, and transparency regardless of race, color, gender, religious creed, sexual orientation, age, origin, ancestry, economic status, and mental or physical ability.
The Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Assist other law enforcement agencies in the County and region whenever needed in law enforcement mutual aide functions such as bomb hazardous device disposal, security, crowd control, patrol, active shooter, K9 assisted searches for drugs and suspects, and overnight warrants raids.
- Serve and enforce all orders of the courts such as serving bench warrants, civil writs, and protection from abuse orders.
- Conduct levies, and sales of personal property and real estate.
- Transport prisoners efficiently and safely to and from County, state, and federal corrections institutions for court appearances, and to extradite fugitives.
- Provide processing assistance and booking services to local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies through DUI processing centers.
- Issue concealed weapons permits and educate the public on firearms safety.