Hurricane Ida Disaster Relief Funds (CDBG-DR)
Background on funding opportunity
The United States Congress, following disaster declarations by the Governor and President, has allocated $23.152 million to assist the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in rebuilding and recovering from the damage caused by Hurricane Ida. Eighty percent of funds, or roughly $18 million, must be spent between the two counties hit hardest by the hurricane- Montgomery and Delaware counties.
Before these funds can be utilized, the state must prepare and submit an action plan that identifies the unmet need remaining in the affected communities and propose activities - projects, and programs to build back better. In order to ensure this plan accurately reflects the needs and vision of those affected, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) is undertaking a broad community outreach effort to individuals, businesses, organizations, and agencies in the counties most affected by the impacts of Hurricane Ida.
How to provide public comment on use of funds
DCED is providing multiple means for residents to share their story about the impacts of Hurricane Ida and set priorities for funding:
- Submit a public comment
- Complete the survey (appropriate for government officials/ disaster response staff)
- Attend a meeting, virtual or in person (See below for dates, times, and links)
- To view a recording of the October 11th town hall, please click here
Public meeting schedule
For updated information and meeting links, please email DCED directly at RA-DCCDBG-DR@pa.gov.
The meeting schedule is as follows:
- Monday, October 3rd 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm
- Tuesday, October 4th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm
- Wednesday, October 5th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm
- Thursday, October 6th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm
- Tuesday, October 11th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm
- Wednesday, October 12th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm (in person at 1430 Dekalb Street, Norristown, PA 19401, Community Room on the 1st floor of the Human Services Center)
- Thursday, October 13th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm (in person at Delaware County Dept. of Emergency Services, Room 101360 North Middletown Road, Media, PA, 19063)
- Friday, October 14th 10 am, 2 pm, 7 pm