- Domestic Relations
- Remote Intake Phone Interviews
Remote Intake FILING PHONE Interviews
If you have not been advised to visit the Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview website by a Domestic Relations Section employee, please begin the support process online by visiting the Pennsylvania Child Support website.
If you have been directed to this website it is because your request must be filed as either an interstate (utilizing another state’s child support agency to establish a child support order) or an intrastate (utilizing another PA county’s Domestic Relations Section to establish a child support order) complaint for support or petition for modification.
Intrastate and Interstate filings require you, the submitter, to participate in a Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview to review and sign the mandatory Intergovernmental Child Support Enforcement forms. In order to successfully file your complaint for support or petition for modification, please review the filing process below.
Preparing for your Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview
Prior to your Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview, you will receive an email from a Domestic Relations Intake Coordinator outlining the procedure and documents that are required to be completed for your particular filing. Below you will find a list of documents you are typically required to submit for Intrastate and Interstate filings:
- A copy of your current valid driver’s license or other photo identification (i.e. Passport, school ID);
- A true copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return, including W-2s, as filed;
- Your pay stubs for the preceding six (6) months;
- Marriage License/Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- Birth certificate for each child
- Social Security cards for self and each child
- Acknowledgment of Paternity (if applicable)
- Protection from Abuse (PFA) order (if applicable)
- Proof of medical coverage for child(ren), copy of medical card and cost of insurance
- (3) certified copies of current support order and certification of arrears (if applicable)
- Daycare/Camp costs and proof of enrollment
- If an order exists and the NCP/CP files petition to modify, include documentation pertaining to the reason for the petition for modification and complete the below form:
- Application for Petition to Modify Support Order
Once you have gathered the above documents, please use the Upload Files button below to submit your required documents to your Domestic Relations Intake coordinator.
Please note, you may not take pictures of documents you plan to submit to our office with your mobile device. If you have either an iOS (Apple) or Android smartphone, your device has the ability to "scan" documents from these devices. Follow the below how-to-guides made available by the device manufacturers;
After Submitting All Required Documents
After successfully submitting all required filing documents, you will receive an email advising you that you are ready to be scheduled for a Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview.
Please review the below documents prior to your scheduled Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview:
- Full Disclosure and Informed Consent;
- General Testimony;
- Uniform Support Petition;
- If paternity must be established, Declaration to Establish Parentage;
- You must complete, print, sign, and mail back to our office the Declaration to Establish Parentage within (5) business days to; Montgomery County Domestic Relations, ATTN Intake Unit, PO Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404-0311
- Client Update Sheet;
- Interstate refers to utilizing another state’s child support agency to establish, modify, or enforce a support order
- Intrastate refers to utilizing another PA county’s Domestic Relations Section to establish, modify, or enforce a support order.
During your remote Intake filing phone Interview
During your Remote Intake Filing Phone Interview you will review and complete, with the Intake Coordinator, the mandatory Intergovernmental Forms and other required documents.
The Intake Coordinator will perform a review of your case and facilitate your filing request.
- You will receive updates from our office when they are received from the responding jurisdiction.
- Case processing times vary depending on the responding jurisdiction.
- You are prohibited from contacting the responding Jurisdiction directly.
- We will process all filings to other jurisdictions. However, we cannot guarantee that a responding jurisdiction will be able to process your request, nor honor our requested retroactive date of filing.
- If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact the Domestic Relations Intake Department at Intake-Montgomery@PACSES.com.
Failure to adhere to these instructions and/or provide all required documents will delay your desired filing to the responding intrastate/interstate jurisdiction