Engaged and supported, Health and Human Services staff work together with people and organizations across our County to make a positive difference in the lives of those we serve.
Montgomery County residents live healthy, safe, and connected lives.
In everything it does, HHS is mindful of:
- Being TRAUMA-INFORMED
- Maximizing DIVERSITY, EQUITY, and INCLUSION
- Working in TRUE PARTNERSHIP with staff, partners, and the individuals and families it serves
Our priorities include helping people access resources they need and increasing prevention efforts to improve overall quality of life, all the while continuously improving our capacity to operate as one department.
How do we accomplish this?
ACCESS: Help people provide access to the resources they need.
- Collect data to identify barrier, support systems planning, and inform advocacy
- Increase our visibility throughout the entire county
- Increase engagement of under-served and diverse populations
PREVENTION: Increase prevention efforts to improve overall quality of life.
- Identify and build capacity in the areas of highest need in the County
OPERATE AS ONE DEPARTMENT: Continuously improve our capacity to operate as one department
- Mobilize a multi-system response to help meet people’s multi-dimensional needs
- Continuously strive for high levels of staff engagement
- Foster a one-department mindset
- Strengthen data quality and sharing to inform decision-making