Public Safety Apps and Programs
The Department of Public Safety funds, supports, and provides numerous applications and programs for the citizens of Montgomery County and the emergency responders who protect them. To learn more about each of these platforms, read the summaries below or click the links (or logos) for more detailed information.
If you have any questions concerning any of the below applications and programs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 631-6500.
- MontcoCrimeTips is an anonymous, modern, convenient, and safe way for Montgomery County residents to report crimes or suspicious activity to law enforcement in real-time. The STOPit mobile app sends each crime tip directly to the 9-1-1 Communications Center for dispatch of police or firefighters immediately or, for non-emergent information, to the Montgomery County Detective Bureau for vetting and distribution to the appropriate law enforcement agency to handle.
- PulsePoint Respond empowers everyday citizens to provide life‐saving assistance to victims of sudden cardiac arrest. App users who have indicated they are trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and willing to assist in case of an emergency can be notified if someone nearby is having a cardiac emergency and may require CPR. If the cardiac emergency is in a public place, the location-aware application will alert users in the vicinity of the need for CPR simultaneous with the dispatch of advanced medical care. The application also directs these potential rescuers to the exact location of the closest Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- PulsePoint AED is a community tool that is used to crowdsource and track AEDs throughout Montgomery County. PulsePoint AED lets you report and update AED locations so that emergency responders, including nearby citizens trained in CPR and off-duty professionals such as firefighters, police officers, and nurses, can find an AED close to them when a cardiac emergency occurs.
- Rave Facility improves employee safety and protects businesses by allowing business owners, managers, or safety supervisors to upload floorplans, emergency contacts, and other critical data to an online portal. In an emergency, 9-1-1 and first responders can access that data to improve emergency response.
- ReadyMontco (formerly known as ReadyNotify) is your official source for notifications about emergencies, severe weather, crime alerts, and disasters in Montgomery County. When there is a potential safety hazard or concern in your area, you will receive a notification in the form of a text message, email, voice call, and/or mobile app alert.
**UPDATE (6.3.22): We are experiencing technical difficulties with our ReadyMontco webpage (www.readymontco.org). For the time being, please utilize this alternate URL to sign up or manage your profile: https://member.everbridge.net/453003085612338/login. Actual alerts and notifications are NOT affected by this issue. Thank you for your patience as we work on a solution.**
- Smart911 is a free, private, and secure safety profile that provides first responders with the information they need to assist you in an emergency. In 2021, 82.44% of 9-1-1 calls in Montgomery County were made from a mobile device, which provides very little information about the caller to 9-1-1 call takers. With Smart911, you can provide 9-1-1 call takers and first responders with critical information you want them to know in any kind of emergency. It is a national service, which means your safety profile is available to any participating 9-1-1 call center nationwide.
- Text-to-911 allows wireless phone customers (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile) in Montgomery County to send short text messages to 9-1-1 in an emergency. Text-to-911 may be helpful for individuals who have speech or hearing impairments, or who are having a medical emergency that renders them incapable of speech; or in instances when making noise may endanger the caller, such as a home invasion/robbery, or instances of domestic violence or an abduction. Only use Text-to-911 in an emergency and if you are unable to make a voice call.