How to Apply
Employment ApplicationsEmployment Applications are available from the Human Resources Department office on the 5th floor in Suite 506 of One Montgomery Plaza in Norristown. You may call 610-278-3052 and request that an application be mailed to you.
You may also Apply Online. Create a profile and provide applicant information that remains on file. Once the information is entered you can easily apply for job openings.
Your application is submitted electronically with each job you apply for. Resumes can be attached as well. Be sure your resume is a pdf file that includes no special characters. Dashes and underlines characters are only accepted. A cover letter can be inserted if you have one as the first page of your uploaded resume pdf document.
For positions requiring clerical testing, our testing center is located at One Montgomery Plaza, 425 Swede Street, 9th floor Human Resources, Norristown, PA 19401. Hours of operation for testing are Monday–Friday 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Note: An employment application must be completed; submitting only a resume is not acceptable. You may attach a resume to your completed employment application, if you wish.
Helpful Tips for Completing a Paper Application
- Print or write clearly.
- Use a pen. Do not use a pencil.
- Complete all sections. Do not put, "See resume." Failure to complete the employment application will result in application being returned to you.
- You may attach a resume to support the information on the application; however, the resume does not replace the employment application.
- If you need to take the clerical skills tests, allow enough time so that you will be relaxed.
Here to HelpThe Human Resources staff is there to assist you in every way possible. If you need additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at 610-278-3052.
If you apply for a position with the county, you may want to retain the following information for your records:
Items to Keep For Your Records
- Month you filed your application
- Position you applied for
- Tests completed (if applicable)
Current Job Openings
Current employment opportunities are posted online as well as on bulletin boards located at the County's Human Resources Department office on the 5th floor in Suite 506 of One Montgomery Plaza in Norristown.